G4 Blind Bag Master Post
This is the blind bag master post. Here, you’ll find
- Package images
- Pictures of all 200+ blind packaged ponies
- All available codes for blind bags
- Keys for easy viewing on phones, mp3 players, and other portable devices
Feel free to bookmark this page, save it, or download and redistribute the images. Pictures of blind bags and figures via Strawberry Reef. Mobile keys are made by me, and have a Creative Commons license, so you may redistribute them as you wish (exact limits are on my blog’s terms of service).
As new codes, information and figures are released, this post will be updated. This post is focusing on blind bags that come in the opaque bags, not blind bags sold in other toys or sets. There will only be blind bags that we know will come out instead of rumors or prototypes.
General blind bag notes:
- Most of the time, they’re in the My Little Pony section of the store. They can be in the box, hung on pegs, in a tall box along with Littlest Pet Shop figures, or just thrown onto a shelf. If you can’t find them or a price tag in the MLP section, try the trading card section. Blind bags/boxes of other toys are usually kept there, so the store might put MLP blind bags there as well. And don’t be afraid to ask an employee to point you in the right direction. Some stores also keep them behind the register to discourage thieves.
- Some codes are either very lightly imprinted or difficult to read. You can use pinholes on the bag to look or feeling for the mold of the pony. Please don’t open the bag, though! It’s not fair to you or to the store.
- The longer codes are on the middle seam of the bag. You’ll have to fold the seam back in order to read the front of the imprint. Short codes are on the bottom seam on the bottom of the bag, known as the left side if you’re looking at it from the back. If you look at the bag upside down, the seams look like a T. The short code is in that inner corner on the right.
- The 5 digit, long code can be cracked, as it contains the “short code” within. Simply ignore 3 of the numbers. For example, in wave 1, sparkly Rainbow Dash is number 24 on her card. Her packaging code is 22445. If you just look at the second and fourth numbers, it’s _2_4_, or 24. This system works for wave 3 and 4 as well, since we have both card numbers and 5 digit codes for them. Wave 3 long codes have yet to be cataloged, but this method still works.
- Boxes have one of each pony, 24 bags to a box. But this doesn’t mean the box in the store only has one of each! Sometimes multiple boxes are combined or remainders of one are put into another. Ask for an unopened box in the back or buy a whole box off of Hasbro Toy Shop to easily finish your collection.
- They range in prince from 2-4 USD. Walmart is usually the cheapest, with the most expensive at CVS or other non-toy stores. Some sites also sell unbagged ponies, with glittery ponies and the Mane 6 costing the most. This is only because of demand, as they are all equally supplied on the market.
- The mane 6 can be purchased through other means. There are figure tubes, singles and other packs that include them.
- Blind bag-sized figures are available in other ways. These sets, though, always have the same figures that usually can’t be obtained in other ways. This includes Granny Smith, Gilda the Griffin and Shining Armor.
- Be polite when sorting through the bags in the store. Don’t block the aisle, don’t open them, and put them back in the same or better condition that you found them.
This is EXTREMELY picture heavy, so everything is under the page cut. Enjoy!
Released in the US in 2011 and released in Europe in 2010. Features the Mane 6, glittery versions of Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Rainbow Dash, and some ponies that later become playful ponies.
Wave 1 notes: When they were first released in Europe, there was a pink variant of the glittery Twilight Sparkle. For whatever reason, Hasbro changed Twilight into purple instead, and now Purple is the global standard. The pink variant can be found via trade and auction, but will have a very high value.
All wave 1 ponies
Wave 1 bag. Note in the upper-right corner there is a hole that goes through the bag. If you move the pony over there, you can see their colors to help identify it.
Wave 1 US box
Key for Wave 1. This, along with the rest of the code keys, are sized for easy phone access. Download or transfer it to your phone and view it when you’re in the store. It’s sized so that you only need to scroll up or down to view it, unless you have an exceptionally low screen resolution.
Released in 2011 in Europe, skipped in the United States. The mane 6 are featured once again, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy have glitter variants, and there are many ponies that were released as g4 playful ponies.
Wave 2 notes: Some of these ponies can be purchased through toy sets, but certain ponies are rare because the wave was skipped in America. The best way to pick this wave up would be through Taobao or eBay.
Wave 2 figures
Euro wave 2 bag
Wave 2 codes and key. They have yet to be found with long codes in Europe.
Wave 3 hit Europe in 2012, the United States July 2012. Once again the Mane 6 appear, and this is the first use of the stallion blind bag mold. There are no glittery ponies, but Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, and Rarity come in glow-in-the-dark versions. A lot of the ponies in this wave are based off of background characters in the show who only had fan names up until this point.
Wave 3 notes: The rest of the Mane 6 are not planned to be released as glow-in-the-dark. The only other glow in the dark toy is a Zecora for the Collector’s line at TRU, released fall 2012. Lyra is named “Heartstrings” in this wave, though is later renamed “Lyra Heatstrings.”
Wave 3 figures
Wave 3 Euro bag
Wave 3 Euro box
Wave 3 codes. These have been found with long codes in the US.
Wave 4 hit US shelves at the same time as wave 3, though it was out longer in Europe. This wave is unique as every pony is glittery. The “special editions” this time are metallic-looking, and are Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.
Wave 4 notes: There is no current plan to release the rest of the Mane 6 as metallic. There are no other g4 ponies that are metallic. The Mane 6 glitters in this wave are sometimes different from glitters in prior waves, as the plastics are different colors. Otherwise, there is no difference. Many of these ponies are rereleased in wave 6 as opaque plastic.
Wave 4 figures
Wave 4 Euro bag
Wave 4 US box
Wave 4 key.
Wave 5 popped up summer 2012 for Europe and fall the same year for the US. All molds are either Twilight, Rarity, or pegasus, or the new alicorn mold, first introduced in this wave. Non-Earth Mane 6 members are here, except for Rarity. Figures include background ponies, playful ponies and G3 ponies.
Wave 5 notes: There is a separate Princess Cadence mold, but that mold is only used to make Princess Cadence for the miniature set. The Fluttershy image looks like it wasn’t painted, this is just a factory error. Sapphire Shores is featured in this set, who was in FiM as an Earth pony, unless she hid her horn in her hair or under a hat. The name Sapphire Shores was used for a pink G3 Earth pony. Trixie and Lyra are rereleased in this wave, with names that combine their show/fan names with their prior blind bag names.
Wave 5 Euro bag, clearly showing the Alicorns on the front
Wave 5 US Bag and Box. Note wedding Cadance is still the main feature, but the layout and the design differs.
Wave 5 figures
Wave 5 Euro box
Wave 5 codes
Launching November 2012. Listed on Crystal Empire flyer.
Wave 6 notes:
There’s a lot of re-released characters. There’s the mane 6, Rarity-mold characters re-released as Twilight mold, and wave 4 crystal ponies as opaque plastic. The 3 special ponies are Twilight mold ponies with a 3D translucent star in their cutie marks.
All wave 6 ponies
Wave 6 packaging, card and pony
Wave 6 box
Wave 6 codes. Long code is 8X2Y6.
Popping up at Hot Topics in the US winter 2012-13, this wave features translucent plastic ponies with painted manes and tails and printed eyes and symbols. The “special ponies” are members of the Wonderbolts.
Wave 7 notes: This line features ponies with differently shaped eyes, as well as a Stallion with a mustache. Holly Dash is an OC by a staff member, who is now a toy. Also, the mane 6’s rerelease actually features unique toys in this wave. Soarin and Spitfire have show-accurate names on the packaging but swapped names on the card. Code image uses bag/show names for figures.
Wave 7 figures.
Wave 7 US packaging
Wave 7 codes.
Wave 8 figures are “neon bright” with bright, translucent plastic. There’s many different molds in the 24 figure set, including unique molds from miniature collections. Due to the many “unique” characters, there’s no set of 3 special figures.
The bag does not have a seam and instead has two letters on the bottom to label the characters.
Wave 8 figures.
Wave 8 box and bag.
Wave 8 codes. Only two numbers and imprinted on the bottom of the bag.
Wave 8A and 8B
Wave 8 was further broken into two sublines in the United Kingdom. They come in a half-size box and only feature 12 of the ponies, along with their own numbering system. As waves A and B are very similar, double check the pictures of the figures on the box to make sure you know which subwave you’ve found.
Despite the different codes and packaging, the toys are exactly the same as the main wave.
Packaging of wave 8B. You can tell by the inclusion of Gilda and Flam (mustache brother).
Wave 8a codes.
Wave 8b codes.
The rainbow wave. The special 3 figures have “twice as fancy” markings and the packaging is very similar to Rainbow Power toys, so the wave should come out at the same time. It also features a few re-releases of exclusive molds. There are currently no codes as the set has yet to be seen outside of Taobao.
Wave 9 US box (closed).
Wave 9 bag and card.
Currently known wave 9 figures.
- belloblossom likes this
- g4ponies reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- jimbob90210 likes this
- squidbliss likes this
- maidofaspects likes this
- chill-its-only-me likes this
- rmtakesover8 likes this
- ariyanaforever likes this
- sayonaramemories likes this
- courteliz93 reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- courteliz93 likes this
- 17dragon17 reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- gazehound likes this
- warholastjames reblogged this from psilokat
- warholastjames likes this
- psilokat reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- psilokat likes this
- kawaiikhaleesii reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- kawaiikhaleesii likes this
- hazzardwolf likes this
- awakened-spambot likes this
- sylverwolfe likes this
- thatnoblemoustache likes this
- ashefur likes this
- mirandathelame likes this
- fandoms-for-fandoms likes this
- glass-cannon likes this
- learacuroe likes this
- norbertdragonblood likes this
- pokumii likes this
- thepinkwool likes this
- nightstrikebrony likes this
- saruichiban likes this
- undeadparadox likes this
- normaleeinsane likes this
- cityapproves likes this
- moved-to-britishnickyy reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- reddoctorwhooves likes this
- knacksnack likes this
- xovanille likes this
- coquinecam likes this
- the-voice-of-khan likes this
- sword-feline likes this
- dead-killer likes this
- haloimfrance likes this
- raritysgenerosity likes this
- madamekotty likes this
- hiroindustrialillusions reblogged this from mlpg4merch
- hiroindustrialillusions likes this
- greyaftermath likes this